School Starts soon; Is your child fully vaccinated

As you help your kids get ready for school, make sure they’re fully vaccinated. Children need immunizations to protect them from certain dangerous childhood diseases. All children under the age of 18 entering school, transferring to a new school, and children entering school from outside the U.S., must present an immunization record. This is a written record made by a physician or clinic. It must include the month and year each dose was received, and the record must show that all vaccines have been received.

How can I get help paying for vaccines?

Children under the age of 18 may be eligible to get vaccines for free through the Vaccines for Children (VFC) program if they are eligible for Medicaid, uninsured, or underinsured. Some doctors can charge a fee to give each shot, but if your family is unable to afford the fee, VFC vaccines cannot be denied to an eligible child. To see if your child is eligible and for more information about the VFC program, visit the Department of Health and Human Services Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website at: