How to Apply for an Agricultural H-2A Job

The H-2A temporary agricultural Visa program is a federal program administered by the Department of Labor (DOL) Employment and Training Administration (ETA). The H-2A program establishes a means for agricultural employers who anticipate a shortage of domestic workers to bring nonimmigrant foreign workers to the U.S. to perform agricultural labor or services of a temporary or seasonal nature.

For more information about agricultural H-2A job openings, please visit your local Employment Development Department Workforce Service office and ask to speak with an EDD representative. If you don’t know where your local EDD Workforce Service office is located, you may find it in your local telephone directory or visit the EDD website at You may also access all the H-2A job openings in California by visiting the State’s employment website at

To view all agricultural H-2A jobs in the U.S., visit the U.S. Department of Labor website at

To apply for any agricultural H-2A job, you must have authorization and the right to work in the U.S. You must also qualify, be available, and be willing to perform the job.